Hello Jay,

Monday, September 18, 2006, 9:23:27 AM, you wrote:

JS> On 9/18/06, sandhya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I think too, if they are Big-Blobs, it is better to store only a Reference
>> to a File.
>>
>> May i know litlle more clearly about this?What it mean actually?

JS> Store the path to the file in the database ( C:\somefile.dat   or
JS> /tmp/somefile.dat ).
JS> Then open the file using regular file handing routines (  fopen() etc ).

The whole reason I store files in the DB in the first place is to have
a single "package" to move around and backup when needed. My
application is storing whole series of PNG and JPG files in the
DB with meta data describing where the images came from.

I like the concept of being able to set an upper limit on the number
of retrieved bytes on a blob. I don't see any easy way to do it
though. My images files tend to be from 50-500K so, performance wise it's
pretty quick.

--
Best regards,
 Teg                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]