On 9/18/06, Teg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello Jay,

The whole reason I store files in the DB in the first place is to have
a single "package" to move around and backup when needed. My
application is storing whole series of PNG and JPG files in the
DB with meta data describing where the images came from.

My technique won't help you then. I use it for things like scanning images
of documents and using the database to keep track of the documents.
I never have to search a picture using a select statement so it would
be silly for me to put them into the database. I just back up the file
system using off the shelf backup software and it works fine.

--
SqliteImporter and SqliteReplicator: Command line utilities for Sqlite
http://www.reddawn.net/~jsprenkl/Sqlite

Cthulhu Bucks!
http://www.cthulhubucks.com