Hi,
  This too doesn't work. First of all I did not install the library,
instead I copied the sqlite-3.3.7.so file to the lib folder. Then ran
the ldconfig command. Then I compiled gcc sqlite.c -o sqlite -
l /usr/lib/sqlite-3.3.7

It is giving the error ld connot find the file
called /usr/lib/sqlite-3.3.7

How can I solve this? From where do I can get an installable copy if the
SQLite library for linux?

Thanks,
 Lloyd.