On Tue, 26 Sep 2006, Lloyd wrote:

 This too doesn't work. First of all I did not install the library,
instead I copied the sqlite-3.3.7.so file to the lib folder. Then ran the
ldconfig command. Then I compiled gcc sqlite.c -o sqlite - l
/usr/lib/sqlite-3.3.7

  I suspect that you are making your own problems. Building executables --
and libraries -- in linux is a five-step process after downloading the
tarball:

  1.) tar xzvf <tarball_name>.tar.gz (or .tgz).
  2.) cd to the created directory.
  3.) ./configure (N.B., you can use './configure --help | less' to view
                options).
  4.) make
  5.) make install (as root).

Rich