Sarah wrote:
> Hi,all
>
> First of all, I want to thank all the guys on this mailing list for their
> warm help.
>
> After 1 more month of work, I finally make SQLite work on my embedded
> environment. SQLite is really great! Many thanks,Drh.
>
> But, due to the extremely heavy hardware constraints, I have to give up
> SQLite finally.
>
> So I'm trying to find a much simpler data access and retrieval engine.
>
> Could anyone give me some help on this issue?(some guidance on how to make a
> DARE or is there any open-source one available?)
>
> thanks in advance.

The Berkeley DB engine and it's related engines might be suitable for
your situation.  They don't give relational access, but they do give
fast key=>value retreival and that might be suitable.  The SleepyCat DB
engine from SleepyCat Software is probably the best, but for a
commercial application the licensing fees mean that you have to be well
funded and expect a good return on the product.

Clay Dowling
--
CeaMuS, Simple Content Management
http://www.ceamus.com