Dennis Cote <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Roger Binns wrote:
> >
> > The usual approach is to write a web page about it and then publish a
> > story on Slashdot.
> >
> I have to second this idea. It worked well for Poul-Henning Kamp.

OK.  Thanks everybody for your support.  But let's try to
de-escalate this just a bit.  I've checked in changes so
that the default temp-file name for SQLite no longer has
an "sqlite_" prefix.  And so if I can just get in touch
with responsible developers at McAfee and get them to
recompile, or better yet, recompile with

   -DTEMP_FILE_PREFIX="mcafee_"

then I think the problem will be solved.  And I have received
private email from a former McAfee employee who is hopeful of
being able to put me in touch with the right person.

The phone-call frequency is not currently that bad.  I've only
talked to two irate Mcafee customers so far today.  I can deal
with that.  I just want to make sure the phone-call rate doesn't
grow.  And so if I can get new builds of Mcafee products to
use the latest version of SQLite, or to use the TEMP_FILE_PREFIX
compile-time option shown above, then the problem will eventually
dissipate.

No need to call in a preemtive Slashdot bombardment just yet.
Let's give diplomacy a chance...

--
D. Richard Hipp  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>