From: Jay Sprenkle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 9:02 PM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] delayed (batch) transactions

On 12/19/06, Laszlo Elteto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> For this particular application it would NOT be a problem to lose like
> 2-5 seconds of transactions. I wonder if it is possible to tell SQLite
> to "hold off" the transactions, ACCUMMULATE them until a certain time
> (or if cache memory is exhausted - which is not yet the case as we
> have a modest database), then make a BIG COMMIT (ie. all previous
> transactions committed or none). That way it's still transactional
> (ie. no currupted database - I really don't want to use sync = OFF)
> but the I/O performance wouldnt slow down serving requests.

Have you considered a data warehouse sort of setup?
Write your data to a small cache database that's later uploaded to the
larger 'big' database.

--
The PixAddixImage Collector suite:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/pixaddix

SqliteImporter and SqliteReplicator: Command line utilities for Sqlite
http://www.reddawn.net/~jsprenkl/Sqlite

Cthulhu Bucks!
http://www.cthulhubucks.com

-

The information contained in this electronic mail transmission may be
privileged and confidential, and therefore, protected from disclosure. If you
replying to this message and deleting it from your computer without copying or
disclosing it.