Hello, I am running an in-memory db and am using the functionality where we
override all the OS calls such that we implement our own memory management and
file IO.  Therefore, I am able to easily track the amount of memory Sqlite is
taking up.  I have noticed that when I call CREATE INDEX and then the
corresponding DROP INDEX, I do not see the memory drop to the same level as it
was before the CREATE INDEX.  I also call VACUUM after DROP INDEX, which makes
no difference.

Is this expected, or does it sound like a bug in Sqlite?

Thanks,
Dave