(I'm resending this, as I have not seen it posted the first time I sent -
apologies if it gets posted twice)

I am running an in-memory db and am using the functionality where we override
all the OS calls such that we implement our own memory management and file IO.
Therefore, I am able to easily track the amount of memory Sqlite is taking up.
I have noticed that when I call CREATE INDEX and then the corresponding DROP
INDEX, I do not see the memory drop to the same level as it was before the
CREATE INDEX.  I also call VACUUM after DROP INDEX, which makes no difference.

Is this expected, or does it sound like a bug in Sqlite?

Thanks,
Dave