Shane Harrelson wrote:

The official way to find the conflicting entry is to do a query.

  SELECT rowid FROM table WHERE uniquecolumn=?;

Thank you for the reply.  I assumed this was most likely the case, and
as I said in my original email, I was hoping to avoid having to do a
seperate select query for the sake of speed... especially since the
value I needed was so tantalizing close in the VDBE struct.

Shane,

Why do you want the rowid of the conflicting row?

I only ask because I suspect there may be a better way to do what you want to do.

Dennis Cote