On 2/2/07, A. Pagaltzis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
* Nicolas Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-02-01 00:10]:
> Sounds like you should want to use INSERT OR IGNORE ... INTO
> Strings and then SELECT the rowid of the string for use in
> INSERTing INTO Object.

That was my first thought as well. Does SQLite return the row's
last_insert_id correctly in that case, though?

Regards,

If INSERT OR IGNORE ... INTO set the rowid of the "ignored" row such
that it could be retried with sqlite3_last_insert_rowid() , that would
work as well.   I don't think it does though... I'm off to check.