Dennis Cote schrieb:
ohadp wrote:
holy smokes that pragma just made my several hundred inserts take half a
second compared to 30 seconds earlier.

thanks!

Yes, but now your database can be corrupted by a power failure or OS crash.

Wrapping several hundred inserts in a transaction will be nearly as fast and completely safe.

What happens if one uses the pragma and transactions to do bulk inserts, would that be efficient or simple useless premature optimization?

I my scenario i create test databases from scratch by bulk inserts, so if things blow up there it doesn't hurt because i have to scrap everything anyway in that case.

Michael