Samuel R. Neff wrote:
Thank you for the testing and information.

;)

When I have time to run some tests using our actual schema (120+ tables,
several hundred indexes) I'll post back here in case others are interested
in our results.  From your tests it looks like more complex schemas probably
take more time to parse (as would be expected) so a real-world schema might
take longer than a test schema.

Please do, the more info the merrier. I wasn't sure if anyone would find it useful but thought I'd seed the list for future reference.

The schema was pretty trivial - all tables looked like

        "tXXX(a INT, b INT, c FLOAT, d TEXT)"

and to add the indexes I just added a UNIQUE constraint to a, b & d. It would be good to have some results from a real database.

Best Regards,

Martin