At 9:20 AM -0400 4/10/07, Samuel R. Neff wrote:
Under what circumstances would an older version of SQLite be
used to rollback a newer journal?

Situations I am thinking of include wanting to use multiple application programs with the same database, and each one includes a different version of SQLite due to one being newer than other or some such. Or a user upgrades an application, which as a newer SQLite, then finds the program has problems and they revert back to the older version while waiting for a fix.

Think of the SQLite database file like an ordinary user application document; users don't usually expect that editing a document with a newer version of a program will stop them from later editing it with an older one. Sure that happens, but it shouldn't happen any more than necessary.

Well, I am mainly thinking about the concurrent use of the database with 2 different applications is the more likely scenario where the backwards compatability would help.

-- Darren Duncan