No comment at all?  That's three users asking for this now.  :(

Patrick

-----Original Message-----
From: Clark Christensen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 11:12 AM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] May I ask why the source distribution mechanism
was changed starting with 3.3.14?

In general, I agree.  I miss the zipped set of pre-processed C source.

Since you have the Linux-based build system at your disposal, you can
get what you're used to having with

make target_source

on the Linux system.  This creates a tsrc directory containing the
familiar pre-processed C source for use in your Windows build.

For what it's worth, I was able to build the sqlite3.dll on Windows
(VC6) from the "amalgam" sqlite3.c file without having to have lemon or
any of the other SQLite-specific build components - except that pesky
sqlite3.def file.  I still have to download the precompiled Win32 DLL to
get that.

Looking at the generated makefile (from the configure script) on Linux,
I see there's a rule for making sqlite3.def.  The algorithm (grep ... |
sed ...) basically works on Windows, using the sqlite3.obj, but the
resulting def is short a few lines compared to the one I downloaded.

Last, I tried to build the shell from the compiled amalgam, but it
errors-out on the link phase complaining about unresolved externals
(sqlite3_iotrace or somesuch).  And I don't have time right now to
figure it out.  I'm not a C programmer, and am unfamiliar with
compilers, linkers, compiler options, and all that.  I usually just have
to do trial and error (lots of error) and eventually I figure it out.

 -Clark