On Mon, 13 Aug 2007, Lee Crain wrote:

No, I'm on Windows XP.

  My condolences.

I am running SQLite 3.3.17. And I did enter exactly: separator '        ';
where the gap between the single quotes is an actual T A B character.
Maybe that's cheating. :^)

Lee,

  Only yourself. The '\t' (or use double quotes to keep Gates and Balmer
happy) is the standard ASCII code for a tab. The number of spaces in a tab
is not universally fixed at the same width, and spaces are not equal to a
tab.

  When you're in the sqlite command line editor, type .h to see all the
help. The .mode command is also useful when dumping or exporting to a disk
file.

Rich