--- Scott Hess <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 8/15/07, Joe Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > If you find a way to get sqlite3 to re-parse the schema after your direct
> > sqlite_master change, please post it to the list. I don't think it can
> > be done without modifying the code or making a new connection.
>
> You could probably manage it by doing some other schema change.

Yeah, you may be able to force a reload of a schema related to a specific
tbl_name with ALTER TABLE xxx RENAME TO yyy (twice, presumably). But that's
an even worse hack. :-)

CREATE TABLE will do a schema reload, but that's self-defeating.

I can't see anything that will force a reload of view or trigger definitions,
barring dropping and recreating them, which again defeats the purpose.

This is just a philosophical exercise - it's all hacking territory anyway,
as Dan put it.