Trevor Talbot wrote:
The thing is, SQLite's synchronization mechanism is simpler than most
full-featured SQL databases.  In all cases, the point is that if you
are attempting to do simultaneous writes from two connections, each
connection must be prepared to receive an error, rollback the
transaction, and try again.  Personally, I don't see anything terribly
> complicated about that.

It's not complicated at all.  It's just an aspect of database programming
that I was unaware of, until now (I'm a database newbie).

For those applications don't want parallel access at all, SQLite
provides BEGIN EXCLUSIVE.

That's true.  If you begin your transaction with BEGIN EXCLUSIVE, then
it cannot be interrupted by another transaction wishing to write to the
database, so rollback won't be an issue.

- Richard Klein