I wrote:

> I would still perform rollbacks for any errors other than the above
> expected SQLITE_BUSY cases, of course, since they indicate something
> else went wrong (such as running out of disk space).  I think it's
> safe to say those are all unusual cases though.

Hmm, http://sqlite.org/lang_transaction.html suggests even SQLITE_BUSY
might result in automatic transaction rollback.  sqlite3_step()
suggests the same thing.

Other docs suggest that SQLITE_IOERR_BLOCKED is actually returned in
such cases (like a writing transaction failing a cache spill attempt).

Which is correct?  Silently rolling back a transaction automatically
is bad enough, but doing that on SQLITE_BUSY would be just plain evil.