Tools".

A third choice of terminology :)

> > ..  They're handy.  I have a number of them
> > installed on the machine on which I write this, and I use them in
> > addition to command line tools.
>
> As I mentioned in another msg on this thread, we use phpMyAdmin for
our
> MySQL databases at work and I can't remember the last time anyone at
work
> needed (or wanted) to use the command line tool.  Different strokes...

I rarely use *those* command-line tools (though occasionally just firing
up sqlite3 from the command line comes in handy).  More often I use
custom tools which re-use production code to give an
application-specific view.

> > That's not a problem, is it?  Just a question of using a tool at the
> > right level.  If you want to automate things, writing code is often
> > good way.  If you want to do ad hoc work, a visual tool can be much
more
> > convenient.
>
> Just so.  Only difference between us here is that I have virtually no
use
> for the command line tool: if I need to automate, I'll just write a
> little Perl/DBI pgm to do it (I have dozens of 'em..:o))

Right; sounds like you're likely creating command line tools.
We're not so different, you and I ;)

> and I use the
> "visual tool" for everything else.  I'd rather write a small Perl
program
> that try to cobble up a script to be read into the command line app.
As
> above, YMMV...
>
> > So you're looking for a graphical tool to allow you to manually view
and
> > modify information in a SQLite3 database?
>
> Yes, and I'm now the happy user of sqliteman, so my search is
over..:o).
> It's "query manager" does *exactly* what I needed and works
wonderfully.
> (and indeed, easily found the index conflict I was trying to sort out
> easily.)

I'll bear it in mind if I ever need such a thing.  SQLite tends to be
embedded in other applications I use, and the need to look directly at
the data or schema is rare in my world.  (But I'm glad my world isn't
all there is out there.)

-- James