[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Regarding the basic "look" of the site, we were considering
using a style similar to the once found at ActiveState

   http://www.activestate.com/

However, as we started to prototype this, we wrote down a
very simple CSS/Javascript-free template and after looking
at it, thought that this template might actually be better.
By being CSS and Javascript-free, the new design also stays
closer to the minimalist spirit of SQLite.

A rough prototype of what a revised website might look like
can be seen at

  http://sqlite.hwaci.com/

Personally, I prefer the minimalist look.

And nobody is especially
happy with the content of the homepage.  (Suggestions for
what should appear on the homepage are welcomed.)

I happen to like the content of the homepage (of the *existing*
site, not the new one).  On the left, it shows all the info that
a newbie wants to know about SQLite.  On the right, it shows all
the news of interest to an experienced SQLite user.  It thus
satisfies a wide audience at a single glance.  Perfect!

- Richard Klein