Joe Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My interest is to make sqlite more compatible with
> other databases or to improve its speed.

I'm happy for the help.  Can you please tell me what
other databases do with this:

   CREATE TABLE t1(a,b,c);
   INSERT INTO t1 VALUES(1,2,4);
   SELECT a+b AS c FROM t1 WHERE c==4;

In the WHERE clause, should the "c" resolve to
the column "c" or to the "a+b" expression?  I'm
guessing the "a+b" expression.  But SQLite is
currently resolving the name to the column "c"
in table t1.  Thus SQLite currently answers
"3" to the SELECT statement, when I think it
should give an empty set.  Or maybe it should give
an error?

Opinions, anyone?

P.S.:  Problem found will attempting to fix #2822.

--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>