For SQLite in particular "The Definitive Guide to SQLite" by Micahel
Owens is reasonably good. Unfortunately it has the worst index of any
book I can recall seeing, other than some Cook Books. This makes it
very difficult and frustrating to use as a Reference Book.

I also purchased "Beginning Database Design - from Novice to
Professional" by Clare Churcher, but found it to much of a beginners
book for my needs.

Saturday, April 12, 2008, 3:23:10 PM, you wrote:

AU> Hey everyone,

AU> Just got back into the world of SQL after being away for 5
AU> years. This time I decided to jump in with SQLite. It really has
AU> me excited.

AU> Anyways, I have done a lot database work but I seem to have
AU> forgotten a lot of the subtleties of database designs/schema.

AU> I am wondering if any of you have been in a similar
AU> situation? Is there a set of documents/notes that you refer to?
AU> Something that covers SQL and database design in general?

AU> For example, for Python I refer to "A Byte of Python" and for
AU> LaTex there is "The Not So Short Introduction to LaTeX." Something
AU> similar for SQL is what I am looking for.

AU> I've googled around but I thought why not ask the SQL veterans here?

AU> Thanks,
AU> Amit

Best regards,
  Neville Franks, http://www.surfulater.com http://blog.surfulater.com