> It seems unclear to me what your requirements are trying to attempt.
>
> Do you need to keep any of this data, if so for how long?
   I have to keep all data until a download.  Downloads can fail too
so I cannot delete data until a download succeeds.
> Do you need to be able to read the older data?
   The device supports viewing the flag information via a webpage.
Not to mention, I only want the device to store a fixed amount (say
5000) flags, and if this limit is reached I will clear some amount
(say 20%) to make room for new data.

> Do you need to be able to subset the data?
   No

>Main.db  = contains download.db and is an attachment point for ancillary db's.
>wrtdb_###.db  = Always write to this location.

>When a download is needed simply close the current wrtdb_###. Create a new
>wrrtdb_###.db and Incrementing new wrtdb table in the >main.db....

Are you saying that when I want to do a download, I copy the data from
the wrtdb_###.db to main?  Then download main?  If so I thought about
that, but then I have to reserve space for 2X the size of wrtdb_###,
because during the copy the data will exist on the unit in duplicate.