In the file you have downloaded, there is the following statement:

Note: You cannot use these functions from the sqlite3 program, you
must write your own program using the sqlite3 API, and call
sqlite3_enable_load_extension.  See "Security Considerations" in
http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=LoadableExtensions.

When I try your load from the command line, I get a similar
(but not the same) error.
 sqlite> SELECT load_extension('./libsqlitefunctions.so');
 SQL error: ./libsqlitefunctions.so: undefined symbol: sqrt
and I certainly have a sqrt function and use these extensions
without problems.  So I guess it's a symptom of the security feature
in sqlite that prohibits loading extensions.

On the chance that log is not defined for your environment.
I recommend you change the line
#define HAVE_LOG10 1
#define HAVE_LOG10 0
and try again.