Hi everyone,

I'm a BioConductor developer and we use SQLite (via RSQLite package) to
handle annotation of high-density oligonucleotide microarrays.

Our solution, implemented in the pdInfoBuilder package, worked great until
we got machines with quad-core processors. One particular setup is a machine
with 2 Quad-Core AMD Opteron Processor 2356. The processes that usually took
1-2 hours on older machines (dual-cores AMD), now take 6-8 hours on the new
computers.

We thought there would be something wrong with our switch (given the
particular network scenario we have here), and changing it didn't solve the
problem. Later, we decided to run everything on local storage (instead of
network), and the same behavior was observed again.

Is there anything else that you guys could recommend?

thanks a bunch,

benilton