On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 8:37 AM, Brad Stiles <bradley.sti...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> For my own edification, why the "order by 1" clause?

from the docs... http://www.sqlite.org/lang_select.html

Each term of an ORDER BY expression is processed as follows:

If the ORDER BY expression is a constant integer K then the output is
ordered by the K-th column of the result set.

If the ORDER BY expression is an identifier and one of the output
columns has an alias by the same name, then the output is ordered by
the identified column.

Otherwise, the ORDER BY expression is evaluated and the output is
ordered by the value of that expression.

Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org/
Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies http://www.nelson.wisc.edu/
Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) http://www.osgeo.org/