>> > To sort them in ascending order of table name, which might make
>> > old-fashioned capers like visual scrutiny a little easier.
>>
>> OK then, why would one not use the column name?
>
>  It does.

No, I meant why not use the column name, instead of the number?

Why use "order by 1" instead of "order by name"?

I understand that "1" refers to the "'drop table ' || name || ';'"
result column, but why bother?  It seems simpler to me to use the
actual column name.  Is there a performance thing involved here, or
simply a preference?

/bs