From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org [sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org] On
Behalf Of Noah Hart [n...@lipmantpa.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2009 11:09 AM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: [sqlite]  Pros and cons of various online code sharing sites

BACKGROUND:
In order to learn C#, I have spent the last year converting the source code
of SQLite3 from C to C#. As of version 3.6.16, it is now ready to release in
the wild. I don't want to self-host CVS or some other repository, so I am
trying to decide where to post the code.

My goals for this are simple. I just want to allow people to download the
source code, submit feedback, bug reports, etc.

I have looked at sourceforge, googlecode, codeproject and a few others.
However, while they all look fine, I not sure what works well in the real
world.

Any suggestions from your personal experience would be appreciated.

DISCLAIMER:
This port was done simply to learn C#, and then embed SQLite3 into a C#
application without the need for a dll.  Please no criticism for doing this,
or a discussion of if it was advisable to port SQLite3 to C# in the first
place.

Also, I know this is off-topic, but I am really interested in your
suggestions.  If you want to flame me, please reply directly, and not to the
list.

Regards,

Noah Hart

The information contained in this e-mail is privileged and confidential
information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named.  If
you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please
immediately notify the sender and delete any copies from your system.