>How do you plan to statically link your new library into multiple
projects?
>Are you planning to make a copy of the code files for each C# project
that uses Sqlite?

I use the "Add as Link".

Again my goal was not to create a reusable library, but rather as a
programming challenge to learn C#

>I don't think you'll be able to do this for assemblies written in any
other language,
>e.g. VB.NET. In fact, people using these languages are basically locked
out of your library,
>at least without a wrapper to make it a DLL (I think).

Correct, those who want to use it in other languages, can use existing
dlls, which work just fine.
For example, the  SQLite ADO.NET Provider from sqlite.phxsoftware.com is
an excellent solution

>Also, this approach (making copies of the code) introduces parallel
maintenance issues, esp.
True

>There is also the "Add as Link" feature, which is similar to #include
in C++.
I had to recreate TCL for C# as well in order to run the test harness;
So I use the Add as Link for both the test harness as well as the shell
application

>I don't mean to defy your disclaimer; these are topics of some
practical importance to me.
>I deal with C++ / Sqlite apps daily that may eventually need to be
(rapidly) transitioned to C#.
>My growing sentiment is that .NET does not really lend itself to
this... I guess I want "#include" from C++.

You can call SQLite from C# by using existing wrappers.  Again, my goal
was to learn OOP using something I could use.

>Another area I miss "#include" is in declaring simple constants;

YUP -- this was a real challenge in the porting.

Regards,

Noah

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are
not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not
use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any
information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise
the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for
your cooperation.