On Fri, 24 Jul 2009, Simon Slavin wrote:

> SQLite has enough fans that people are happy to build binaries for
> major platforms.

   I have a SlackBuild script that I've used since sqlite-3.3.1 on June 15,
2006. It builds a Slackware package (*.tgz) on my standard system (currently
-12.2). In the past I've sent the SQLite-*.tgz package to folks who've asked
for it, and I'd be happy to provide a copy to the application's Web site if
that would help. It uses the amalgamation packages with standard options and
standard Slackware filesystem usage (e.g., the executable is in
/usr/bin/).

Rich