On 26 Aug 2009, at 4:28am, Gene Allen wrote:

> Well, now we want to add some sophisticated forensics features.
> Currently we
> have fancy filtering but no real OLAP sort of capability.
>
> Have anyone seen a anything like this that we might be able to
> integrate
> into our product?  We're using C# on Windows.

Are you talking straight OLAP, or do you have other forensic needs
which will require you to roll your own functions ?  The only mention
of OLAP on

http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=ManagementTools

is SQLite Maestro, a big many-functioned package compatible with many
SQL engines.  I have no experience of it.

Another solution is the FOSS package 'Cubulus':

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cubulus/

However, if you need to write your own forensic capabilities, there
seems little point in buying in a pre-made package just for OLAP since
you will pretty-much have to duplicate it yourself.  SQLite has enough
ways of accessing table structure information for you to be able to
roll your own OLAP functions without too much trouble.  Since you
already have programmers good enough to write your own product, they
should be able to whip up a simple OLAP system without too much
problem.  On the other hand buying one in might be cheaper than paying
for that programmer time.

Simon.