Hello,

today I made some test on a project I wrote some years ago.
I upgraded sqlite library from version 3.4.2 to version 3.6.17.
What I am really unable to understand is the time difference required
to perform the same query using the exact same algorithm by the two
libraries.

SELECT * FROM table1
where table1 has 1 million rows and 10 columns (its an 80MB db).

Version 3.4.2 takes about 5.06 seconds (average value) while version
3.6.17 takes about 7.28 seconds (average value).
Could be a slowdown in the library for the complexity added over the
years or does someone have another possible explanation?

Thanks.
--
Marco Bambini
http://www.sqlabs.com