On Aug 28, 2009, at 11:17 AM, Mike Eggleston wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Aug 2009, Marco Bambini might have said:
>>
>> Version 3.4.2 takes about 5.06 seconds (average value) while version
>> 3.6.17 takes about 7.28 seconds (average value).
>> Could be a slowdown in the library for the complexity added over the
>> years or does someone have another possible explanation?

Our measurements show a substantial performance improvement over 3.4.2.

Perhaps you are running in the default configuration, which has been
augmented with many new mutexes since version 3.4.2 in order to make
SQLite proof against over-zealous users of threads.  If you recompile
with -DSQLITE_THREADSAFE=0, perhaps you will get your old performance
back.

>> Thanks.
>
> Did you just relink your app or did you also migrate the data to a new
> sqlite3 database? I think the migration command is:
>
> echo '.dump' | sqlite3 $db | sqlite3 $dbnew
>
> Maybe the internal database structure has changed?

The file-format is unchanged.

D. Richard Hipp
d...@hwaci.com