On 11 Nov 2009, at 7:12pm, Rick Ratchford wrote:

> To determine if the set is complete, there would clearly be data rows PRIOR
> to the start date and data rows that FOLLOW the end date. This is how I'd
> determine that a set is complete with all available data for those 'sample
> date windows'.

This makes no sense to me.  To determine if I have data for each workday within
a period I need a definition of which days within the period are workdays.
Either a table of all workdays, or a list of all non-workdays, or some other
way of determination which is in a form SQL can access.  In the financial
systems I used to work with you'd usually find a TABLE which listed each day
and it's workday number.

So if the daynumber of today last year was, say, 88,000 the daynumber of today
might be 88,250.  To determine if I had data for every day in the last year I'd
subtract 88,000 from 88,250 and then check to see whether I had data for 250
different days within the period.

Simon.