Bret Patterson <bpatt...@...> writes:

> We're seeing a lot more disk activity than expected on Linux when using
> sqlite3. We've run this same series of test on windows and the disk IO is
> much lower, which is the opposite of what I really expected. Below is
> my scenario and perhaps someone can point out what I can do to fix this
> problem.

http://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html

Here are some things to try:

Have you increased your page_cache from the default of 2000? You'll want at
least 32Mb of page cache for what you've described.

Try setting temp_store to 2.  This could help depending on what your inserts
look like.

It might help to increase the page_size to 2048 or 4096.

You could try vacuuming your database to see if fragmentation is the issue.

> We are using sqlite version 3.5.7 .

That release is 1.5 years old. It couldn't hurt to upgrade.