On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Tim Romano <tim.rom...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The alternative, NOCASE collation, also does not get me out of the
> woods. For some reason in Adobe (and in Mozilla) the index is not used
> on LIKE clauses when the column in question has NOCASE collation, though
> SQLite3.EXE does use the index in its query plan on the same query.
> These consortium members might be overriding the LIKE function or
> compiling statements not with _V2 or doing something else that prevents
> the optimization. I don't know.

Mozilla does override the LIKE function because we need to be able to handle
Unicode, which the default implementation does not do.  The implementation
is here:
http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/storage/src/mozStorageSQLFunctions.cpp#408

And we'd happily accept patches to fix this issue.

Cheers,

Shawn