Gidday Tim,

>I will look further into this approach:
>
>  select sqlite3_load_extension('mylibrary', 'entrypoint');
>
>to see if Adobe's security permits it. However,  the Adobe FlashBuilder
>database application developer must confront this uncertainty: Adobe has
>been unresponsive to questions about their implementation of SQLite, and
>so one cannot be confident that the approach above would still be
>available tomorrow even if it happened to succeed today.

I guess Adobe didn't badly play with SQLite code structure and I hardly
see them going thru user's selects and block execution depending on
what's inside.

The only catch would be that they removed the extension loading feature
but they must have found valid reasons for that.  Given that Adobe's
product are probably designed for international targets, they must have
ICU ou other Unicode support.  I don't know the code by heart but it's
likely that this precludes removing extension loading support.

Regarding long-term stability, I doubt they would introduce such code
breaking removal without very strong reasons.