"Bert Nelsen" <bert.nel...@googlemail.com> schrieb
im Newsbeitrag
news:a5ffd530912310853t7024d908tefbf1ef40df47...@mail.gmail.com...

> I would like to make writes to my SQLite db faster.
In what regard (under which circumstances) is it slow
currently?

What's your typical recordcount per transaction?
Do you use transactions at all?
How many indexes are defined on the "slow tables"?
Are you using Command-Objects (the sqlite-bind API)?
In what language is the App-Host written (regarding
easy "thread-control")?
Do you work through a wrapper yet, or with the SQLite-lib
directly?

> I was thinking about the Async method, but I think I
> remember reading somewhere that it may cause database
> corruption.
IMO the async-feature was not risky with regards to data-
corruption, only with regards to durability - an (uncorrupted)
DB could contain "lesser data" (not the last "version", which
your successfully reported transactions suggested earlier) -
in case of e.g. a powerfailure.
But your "mozilla-comment-snippet" already mentioned that too.

I remember, that at some point in time you were using my
COM-wrapper, to work with SQLite. And I was thinking
about "handing out" the async-functionality over an appropriate
method, as the feature came up - but then stayed away from
it, for the sake of higher stability. The COM-wrapper is
mostly used in conjunction with VB5/6 - and there you have
not that much control over the teardown-process of an App
like in other, more "bare to the metal" languages - imagine
the async SQLite-WriterThread, having "yet some stuff
in the pipe" - and a closing VB-App, which only "knows"
the COM-Object - and not the SQLite-lib behind it, which
"owns" the async thread.

So, just in case you're using the dhRichClient3-wrapper-lib,
there's currently no plan (and no time), to make that feature
available in a reliable and stable working way (playing well
with VB5/6) over the COM-interface.

Olaf Schmidt