Hello Olaf!
Thank you for your reply. I am using your wrapperlib (and I love it) but I
thought it was a more general question and had nothing directly to do with
your wrapperlib. But I am not sure anymore what is yours and what is common
Sqlite.
Your .Sychronous = False property does everything as fast as I want, and I
am not afraid of losing some user data (it's not a critical application) but
I am very much afraid of having a corrupted db. Can anybody please confirm
that there is no chance of getting my db corrupted?

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 6:11 PM, Olaf Schmidt <s...@online.de> wrote:

> "Bert Nelsen" <bert.nel...@googlemail.com> schrieb
> im Newsbeitrag
>
> > I would like to make writes to my SQLite db faster.
> In what regard (under which circumstances) is it slow
> currently?
>
> What's your typical recordcount per transaction?
> Do you use transactions at all?
> How many indexes are defined on the "slow tables"?
> Are you using Command-Objects (the sqlite-bind API)?
> In what language is the App-Host written (regarding
> easy "thread-control")?
> Do you work through a wrapper yet, or with the SQLite-lib
> directly?
>
> > I was thinking about the Async method, but I think I
> > remember reading somewhere that it may cause database
> > corruption.
> IMO the async-feature was not risky with regards to data-
> corruption, only with regards to durability - an (uncorrupted)
> DB could contain "lesser data" (not the last "version", which
> your successfully reported transactions suggested earlier) -
> in case of e.g. a powerfailure.
> But your "mozilla-comment-snippet" already mentioned that too.
>
> I remember, that at some point in time you were using my
> COM-wrapper, to work with SQLite. And I was thinking
> about "handing out" the async-functionality over an appropriate
> method, as the feature came up - but then stayed away from
> it, for the sake of higher stability. The COM-wrapper is
> mostly used in conjunction with VB5/6 - and there you have
> not that much control over the teardown-process of an App
> like in other, more "bare to the metal" languages - imagine
> the async SQLite-WriterThread, having "yet some stuff
> in the pipe" - and a closing VB-App, which only "knows"
> the COM-Object - and not the SQLite-lib behind it, which
> "owns" the async thread.
>
> So, just in case you're using the dhRichClient3-wrapper-lib,
> there's currently no plan (and no time), to make that feature
> available in a reliable and stable working way (playing well
> with VB5/6) over the COM-interface.
>
> Olaf Schmidt

Regards,
Bert