On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 3:23 AM, Roger Binns <rog...@rogerbinns.com> wrote:

> P Kishor wrote:
>> thanks for the clarification, but how does the above statement
>> reconcile with "the btree/paging layer is replaced with BDB"? Does
>> that refer to a different version of SQLite being offered by Oracle
>> that includes BDB for storage? I hope that will be called something
>> else... mebbe sqlbdb?
>
> You are thinking about this too hard.  Due to SQLite's license it can be
> combined in any way with proprietary or open source code.  (Technically
> public domain is the absence of a license but you get the point.)

You misunderstood my question (or, perhaps my question wasn't clear),
but it is answered now.

1. Essentially, stuff downloaded from sqlite.org is still pure sqlite,
purely and completely in public domain in the US, with nothing from
Oracle within it.

2. Stuff downloaded from elsewhere can of course use sqlite, and may
be subject to its own terms.

What matters to me is #1 above.

--
Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org