On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 08:38:31 -0400, "ve3meo"
<holden_fam...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>"Roger Binns" <rog...@rogerbinns.com> wrote in
>message news:4c4a5bd5.5010...@rogerbinns.com...
>>
>> On 07/23/2010 07:47 PM, ve3meo wrote:
>>> Is it possible to store the results of a PRAGMA statement, especially
>>> PRAGMA
>>> database_list in a SQLite temporary table using only SQLite commands?
>>
>> No.  Is there any particular reason your code can't copy them internally?
>> Remember that SQLite is a library - it lives inside your application - and
>> is not some remote unchangeable component.
>
>I am a humble user of the command line implementation and of various SQLite
>managers and not an application developer so I cannot do it in code.
>
>> Depending on what the information is you are obtaining, it may be possible
>> to get it via direct queries on sqlite_master.
>
>Thanks, I'll investigate further.

A humble example:

k...@ozon ~/sql $ cat ve3meo.ksh
#!/usr/bin/ksh
#
## demo shell / sql mixture
#
SQLITE=$(which sqlite3)
printf "SELECT sqlite_version() AS version;\n.schema\n" \
        | ${SQLITE} $1
for t in $(printf ".tables\n" \
        | ${SQLITE} $1)
do
        printf "table %s:\n" $t
        printf ".headers on\nPRAGMA table_info(%s);\n" $t \
        | ${SQLITE} $1
done

k...@ozon ~/sql $ ./ve3meo.ksh unusedids.db3
3.6.23.1