2010/7/28 Roger Binns <rog...@rogerbinns.com>

> If they don't allow you to turn on extension loading then only core changes
> to SQLite will (eventually) get through, or the development environment
> getting friendlier or the user deciding to use a different environment that
> isn't so restrictive and unwilling to change.

SQLite can be linked statically, isn't it? I think the extensions repository
is needed but the core SQLite code may be as compact as possible. There are
a lot of code patterns in SQLite source tree which may be packed as
extensions (intarray SQLite3 extension for Tcl, as example. I use it as
helpful extension but in upstream sources this is test only code. And md5
extension can be easy builded from upstream test code).

--
Best regards, Alexey Pechnikov.
http://pechnikov.tel/