Hi,
I really appreciate that sqlite got this feature to reduce
fragmentation, but why not expose this as a pragma? In many cases it is
not feasible to pass the chunk size via a C API. For example with a
pragma I could do fragmentation testing via an sqlite shell, now this
option is out without modifying the shell source. I presume that a
similar problem exists for users of scripting languages until every
single scripting host provides support for this.

Perhaps this should even persist similar to how page_size persists
across connections.

Taras