On 19 Aug 2010, at 9:27pm, Taras Glek wrote:

> I really appreciate that sqlite got this feature to reduce
> fragmentation, but why not expose this as a pragma?

Do you have figures which suggest that reducing fragmentation leads to any
improvement in performance ?

It might be worth noting that fragmentation is normally seen as an issue only
under Windows which is very sensitive to it however.  Other operating systems
use different ways of handling disk access, however, real figures from
real-world examples may disprove this classic view.  Also, many installations
of SQLite are on solid state devices where, of course, fragmentation has no
effect at all.

Simon.