Yes but none of those functions return the class that the declared type
maps to (SQLITE_TEXT, SQLITE_FLOAT etc), they just return the SQL type
as a string, of which there are umpteen possibilities.

Presumably then Im going to have to map them to the class myself? My
question was, is this the case, or is there some other function in the
API that will do this for me that Ive overlooked?

My reason for doing this is, if a field is null, I still need to know
what class it 'should' have been if it had been storing a value.