On Thu, 2 Dec 2010 12:38:18 -0600, "Black, Michael (IS)"
<michael.bla...@ngc.com> wrote:
>If you need threadsafe just add -lpthread to your final link

I get an error when using "-lpthread", which I guess makes sense,
since I don't have the pthread library cross-compiled:

=============
# bfin-linux-uclibc-gcc -v -O2 -Wall -fpic -lpthread -c -o
libsqlite3.o sqlite3.c
bfin-linux-uclibc-gcc: -lpthread: linker input file unused because
linking not done

I don't intend to access SQLite through multiple threads anyway, so
it's OK to compile it with "-DSQLITE_THREADSAFE=0".

>The .a and .so file allow your linker to only extract the routines it needs
>and not the whole thing you would get from the .o file.

Thanks a lot for the education.