Maybe I'm doing some kind of confusion or I can't express myself entirely.

Please take a look in the image:
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5526/74988733.png

This is the structure of database that will be used as part of a MVC Router,
part of a framework I'm developing.

The only column that is important for the question is "URI", which is where
my Regular Expressions are stored.

When querying, I will NOT pass the Regular Expression, I will pass the
string to be used as target for the stored patterns.

And that is the main point of my question. I don't know how (and IF is
possible) to do this.

I already have an alternative: Search for all patterns and test them, one by
one, with PHP. But one single access would take much time. Can you imagine
1000 simultaneous accesses?

Best Regards

Bruno Augusto