On 14 Jan 2011, at 10:45, Max Vlasov wrote:

> Phil, it's an interesting solution. I will probably use it, but the current
> problem is that I have to resolve object context from non-oop function. It's
> possible (maybe even by hard-coding pointer as one of parameters in the
> trigger statement), but your variant is very elegant so I should think also
> of something similarly elegant :) You also mentioned at least one sane way
> of using select inside the trigger body. I'm not so familiar with triggers,
> just wondering is there some other examples of useful selects inside
> triggers bodies

I use SQLite from Objective-C, so I also have to restore the oo-context I want
when user-defined functions are invoked. The 5th parameter to
sqlite3_create_function & friends (void *pApp) is your friend. You retrieve it
at invocation-time with sqlite3_user_data(ctx) where ctx is the sqlite3_context
pointer passed to your non-OO wrapper routine.

Best Regards,

Phil Willoughby
--
Managing Director, StrawberryCat Limited

StrawberryCat Limited is registered in England and Wales with Company No.
7234809.

The registered office address of StrawberryCat Limited is:

107 Morgan Le Fay Drive
Eastleigh
SO53 4JH