Sam Carleton <scarle...@miltonstreet.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 11:44 PM, Drake Wilson <dr...@begriffli.ch> wrote:
>
>> You probably need to sqlite3_reset the statement after stepping it.
>
> Can someone then explain the purpose of  sqlite3_clear_bindings()?

sqlite3_reset preserves previous bindings. sqlite3_clear_bindings resets all
bound parameters to their default value of NULL, if for some reason you want to
do that.

> If
> I understand things correctly, you call sqlite3_reset() to reuse a
> prepaired statement, why do you call sqlite3_clear_bindings()?

You don't have to. Personally, I've never once found a use for it.

> Is it
> because sqlite3_reset() does not actually clear the binding values,
> just resets the preparied statement?

That's correct.

> Why doesn't reset also clear the binding?

In case you want to run the statement several times varying some, but not all,
parameters.
--
Igor Tandetnik